The Most Important Rule In The Workplace

• Not a member? Join right now and get FREE ACCESS to all private sections on this forum.
    (offer ends in 7hrs 15mins)
    BlackHatNaija Countdown Timer

“BlackHatNaija-Register
Web Hosting
Dec 21, 2017
The single most important thing for success in any workplace and why
No matter the occupation - and be it self employed or in the corporate business affairs, no one is content with merely earning a living. By nature, men are sometimes hungry to grow and succeed in their workplace, (some are overly greedy and ambitious) and in the pursuit for success, men and women have sought the knowledge of those who have achieved success before them. In the bid to quench the hunger for workplace success, many are forced to learn either by personal experience, some by the experiences of others, and a handful by being taught and putting it to use. As the saying goes: "wise men are instructed by reason, men of less understanding by experience, the most ignorant by necessity and beast by nature."Which are you or which do you want to be?
Some useful information’s have being gained overtime, of which some of these knowledge are mostly and better taught than caught, but unfortunately the opposite has been the case, in which case these knowledge's have been passed down from employers to employees and from leaders in the workplace to their followers. Years ago, having began working, I read that the first rule in business is boldness, and so is the second and third rule which is same; boldness and boldness again, in which case in reality is no doubt the fact cum the truth. What I didn't know and understand then was that while every workplace have its guiding rules, principles and regulations spelt out, there are some - the humanly crucial ones - that are not spelt out, and then I had my very first workplace lesson: "Beware the unwritten rules of the workplace." I was blind to the difference in perception, being wrong to assume everybody sees the workplace the same way I do. I had to put at the back of my mind that not everybody got into the workplace the same way I did, it's different stroke for different folks, and then the secret to succeeding in the workplace was revealed, that secret is what changed my atmosphere in the workplace, is what brought about a novelty to succeeding. That secret you'll find out soon.
This article is not one to tell you that the things to succeeding include: honesty, diligence, punctuality, respect..... All these are characteristic traits everyone must and should possess as humans we are. Rather, the most important thing required to succeed in the workplace is in one word - Relationship. I can imagine the look on your face now and the questions running through your minds, and some would even go back to the word Relationship, scroll back up to check the author of this article then scroll back down to where you are now, stunned and in disbelief.
Relationships - yes relationship. Like it or not, relationships in the workplace is the beginning of success, our rise and fall depends solely on it. But relationship alone in itself doesn't portray success, how well we build and develop these relationships determine how strong and fast we succeed. But then again arises the question - relationship with who? The answer: Relationship with everybody. This doesn't mean you should drink and break bread with every Tom, penis and Harry, rather, it simply means "Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with a few and friendly to a handful;" importantly, keep and maintain a good working relationship with your boss - immediate boss. By all means, do not be overly ambitious and jump past a relationship with your immediate boss for a more senior or most senior boss, that kiss might just be the kiss of death. Never, I mean never, openly Ignore nor regard anyone in the workplace any lesser than should for every man hath his use and every man his time. As a mystic puts it: "even the son of a b**** have his uses," you never know what is in whom you disdain.
In business, unfortunately, good work alone isn't enough to grow and develop you in the success ladder, but good work alongside a good working relationship with your immediate or direct boss, leads to succeeding in the workplace. As the axiom in business goes: "people leave managers not company."Always remember that a good boss can make a bad job go for every man hath his use and every man his time. As a mystic puts it: "even the son of a b**** have his uses," you never know what is in whom you disdain.
In business, unfortunately, good work alone isn't enough to grow and develop you in the success ladder, but good work alongside a good working relationship with your immediate or direct boss, leads to succeeding in the workplace. As the axiom in business goes: "people leave managers not company."Always remember that a good boss can make a bad job good, but a bad boss can make a good job miserable.