When The Reality Of Love Dawns On You

• Not a member? Join right now and get FREE ACCESS to all private sections on this forum.
    (offer ends in 7hrs 15mins)
    BlackHatNaija Countdown Timer

“BlackHatNaija-Register
Web Hosting
Dec 21, 2017
WHEN THE RALITIES OF LOVE DAWNS ON YOU
Colossians 3: 12-19
“Love means never having to say am sorry” this is wrong! Very wrong! On the contrary, it’s loves sweetest expression.
The atmosphere of being single is closest to the best feelings you can ever feel, but the best human natural sensation is: loving someone and knowing that you are loved, truly loved. I can’t deny I miss the days of being a sole lover of myself (even though now it’s glaring how boring that was) when I had only me to think about, care for, manage the little I have, especially saving of airtime (when you don’t have to call {I really miss this} day and night).
As days go by, our bliss of being single thus wear out. We sometimes are heedless to our own need for a companion (due to finance or negligence), but when we’re, it’s either our chin become heavy with beards; beards soon white, mother sometimes ask who he/she is (when we actually have none), the society (whose business isn’t) pours on us its pressure, and the best of all is when your heart sparks a flame, or cupid shoots an arrow on your behalf and it hit another.
Walking into this new phase, ushers in a different atmosphere, our expectations are novice and narratives, all we know about love is what the pages of a book told us, or from what we feel it should be. Then everything goes wrong, she turns out not to be who we expected her to be, or he doesn’t have the qualities you need for a husband. From time to time, we’re either jealous or bothered about where they are and who they are with, no longer thinking me but us, care for us, can no longer think little but big, because it’s no longer I, it’s us. The freedom of being single disappears without even realizing it.
When things go wrong (they eventually will, and always do), it becomes obvious we are not meant to be together, we should probably look for someone else, one who will understand me better, who can know my needs before I speak of them, who can read my feelings before I open my mouth to say, who can be just who I want her, him to be, my perfect lover. Keep on searching, I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, but damn, you would never find, and would never stop looking for until you change your perspective of love and recognises what Paul told the Colossians about love.
12 Put on then as God chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, and patience. 13 forbearing one another, and if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other as the lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive. 14 And above all these, put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Colossians 3
If I don’t understand a thing Paul was saying in those verses, the one conspicuous statement is in “and above all, put on love, because it binds everything in perfect (for emphasis; perfect) harmony. I know how easy it is to write and say this things, when in reality the opposite strikes back at your every gesture. But at the same time, I know how hard it gets when you disregard the existence of true love and how frustrating it becomes when you snub its principles. But this write-up isn’t about love principles because in reality, the principles of love (patience, communication, trust, etc.) are just a guideline to enjoying the fruitfulness of love, what you really need is God as the foundation of your relationship. But again, this is not a spiritual and religious write-up on how God wants us to love our neighbour as ourselves, rather, this is a write-up by a man who has garnered from peoples experience, and mine too, having seen and felt love in her raw cruelty when I found her, fell for her spell bounding charm, in ONOME. It’s not as if every day was rosy or still is. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to hear our story.
Someone once claimed “love is not as sweet as it used to be in our fathers generation”, I totally do not agree with that. I believe that it is sweeter, just that we refuse to walk in the maturity love needs to grow. Maturity involves sympathy and empathy, loves involves patients, communication and trust. I could simply tell you those things are features for true love, but I’d just be joining the list of liars who tells us that there are points and things to do to enjoy true love. I would give this little opinions of mine and let you live the rest; be natural, don’t let the sun set on your annoyance for your partner, enjoy being in love, and just LOVE.
ALBRIN JUNIOR
©2017